17605Re: Beekeeping

  • billbird2111
    Mar 24 12:47 PM
      I was down to one colony from an original two. I lost them. December was a crazy month in California. The cold wiped out my colony and 100 percent of my citrus crop. When the Meyer Lemons froze solid, turned black and dropped off the tree (along with every leaf), I thought there was no way the bees could make it. And they didn't.

      Repopulated with two nuc transfers two weeks ago. Life is wonderful again. They're all over my cherry and pluot trees. Citrus is about to bloom again. Here's hoping for better luck next time kid!

      Bill
      Sacramento, CA
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic