[INFO] Fwd: Multiple PhD Scholarship positions in Data Mining and Machine Learning
- ---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: DDDM ICDM <ling.chen@...>
Date: Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:29 AM
Subject: [Dbworld] Multiple PhD Scholarship positions in Data Mining and Machine Learning
Multiple PhD Scholarship positions in Data Mining and Machine Learning
Centre for Quantum Computation and Intelligent Systems, Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Applications are invited for multiple three-year full-time PhD scholarships in data mining and machine learning to start in 2012. The PhD positions are supported by a three-year Australian Research Council Linkage Grant. This linkage project, partnering with a leading enterprise in the field, will offer exceptional opportunities to study various real-world data mining and knowledge discovery problems. The scholarships offer approximately AU$23,000.00 per annual for three years, plus tuition waiver.
Successful applicants should
1. have an undergraduate (honors) or master degree in computer science or related field (preferably with good knowledge in data mining, machine learning, and statistics).
2. have good experiences in database systems, data warehousing, and business intelligence tools.
3. possess solid programming skills in Java, C/C++, etc.
4. be interested in data mining and machine learning research.
Interested applicants should send detailed Resume to ling.chen@... For any other questions, please contact:
Centre for Quantum Computation & Intelligent Systems
Faculty of Engineering & Information Technology
University of Technology, Sydney
Please do not post msgs that are not relevant to the database community at large. Go to www.cs.wisc.edu/dbworld for guidelines and posting forms.
To unsubscribe, go to https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/dbworld