Re: something usefull

  • pangandy@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2000
      Hi Gord,

      "In the five-band resistor system, the first three bands are the first
      three digits, and the fourth and fifth bands are the
      multiplier and tolerance, respectively. Since this allows you to be
      more precise (three significant digits), the five band system is
      generally on precision resistors."

      Quoted from :

      http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/robots/pg25.htm

      hope this help

      Andy

      http://webhome.idirect.com/~jadams/electronics/resist/resist_calc.htm

      > I find it useful .
      > Now for a question the above calculator shows 4 bands
      > for resistors. I just found a resistor in my parts bag
      > that has 5 bands. brown red orange yellow red.
      > Anyone ever see one like this? What is it's rating?
      >
      > Gord

      > http://photos.yahoo.com/
    • Eric Seale
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2001
        Naah, this isn't a capacitor calculator -- it's just a table.

        Here's a capacitor calculator:

        http://bftgu.botic.com/appx1_util_capcalc.html

        Eric
        Eric Seale | BEAM from the Ground Up!