Re: [beam] sWalker Photos

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 31, 2000
      A personal update on pager motors! If anyone is considering buying this
      motor from All Electronics, DON'T. It is a totally gutless wonder. It may
      work great in butterflies, etc., but don't even consider it for any type of
      Photovore. I bought 10 to get the price break. Looks like I am going to be
      building ten 'hoppers' or butterfly type things.
      This is the pager motor I am referring to;

      http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-
      DCM-154.html?L+scstore+klgk6811ff574a57+976576616

      That may not work due to line wrap. It is called the Tiny Pager Motor
      Catalog # DCM-154

      Larry

      That is just my opinion.
      But, I could be wrong!

      (Quote from Dennis Miller)
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi,

        --------
        The Yahoo of BEAM! : BEAM Online - http://www.beam-online.com
        http://www.beam-robotics.com
        http://www.beambots.com
        The leader in robotic art : RoboArt.net - http://www.roboart.net
      • James Taylor
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
          > I wish I could find a source for cheap brass gears but the plastic ones
          work
          > ok. Does anyone know of a place to get brass gears?

          Do they have to be brass? If not I have a source for plastic gears with
          metal shaft adapters, and brass spur gears.
          I have to do some digging to find a URL or address, so let me know.

          "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own"

          -The Borg
          Jim Taylor
          "Edgar the Hate Bug"
          AOLIM:ace27666
        • Larry
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 3, 2000
            John:
            Thanks for that info. I really spoke too soon as I haven't really tried
            them yet. My experimentation with them lead me to believe that they would
            not have enough torque to drive anything.

            My apologies to the group for jumping to a wrong conclusion.

            Larry

            That is just my opinion.
            But, I could be wrong!

            (Quote from Dennis Miller)

            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 3, 2000
              If you have the new ones (black rubber sleeve) already set up in a
              device, let us know how it performs.

              The worst thing that can happen to you core is that it doesn't work.
              Hopefully this will happen while it is still breadboarded and easy to work
              on.

              Larry

              That is just my opinion.
              But, I could be wrong!

              (Quote from Dennis Miller)
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 4, 2000
                Are these the ones that come in a black rubber casing?
                The old pager motors they had were DCM-131. I've got lots of these and they
                work fine. Even though they aren't listed in the catalog I still got them
                through the search feature. John S.

                >From: "Larry" <larry@...>
                >To: <beam@egroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [beam] sWalker Photos
                >Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 02:33:14 -0800
                >
                > A personal update on pager motors! If anyone is considering buying
                >this
                >motor from All Electronics, DON'T. It is a totally gutless wonder. It may
                >work great in butterflies, etc., but don't even consider it for any type of
                >Photovore. I bought 10 to get the price break. Looks like I am going to be
                >building ten 'hoppers' or butterfly type things.
                > This is the pager motor I am referring to;
                >
                >http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-
                >DCM-154.html?L+scstore+klgk6811ff574a57+976576616
                >
                > That may not work due to line wrap. It is called the Tiny Pager Motor
                >Catalog # DCM-154
                >

                >Larry
                >
                >That is just my opinion.
                >But, I could be wrong!