Re: [beam] Solar energy harvesting chip -- with LiPo charing capability!

  • Martin McKee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2014
      The only particular downside I see there is cost - almost $6 a piece in singles ( though Digikey has a nice price break at 25-of quantities ).  And though it will run down to 200mV, it needs 250mV to start.  Not a huge problem, but not quite as impressive either.  Still, great find.  It could certainly serve as an interesting core for a new breed of solar engine.

      Martin Jay McKee

      On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:50 PM, <rlnansel@...> wrote:

      I came across this article just yesterday describing a newish chip that can harvest low-voltage sources -- as low as 200mV! That's right, it can use a single PV cell as its power source. What's more, it can then use the harvested energy to pump current into a higher-voltage LiPo chip:

      Sounds like SE nirvana!

      -Bobby