Re: New type 3 solar engine

  • Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2013
      Your pickaxe SE looks interesting.  Enjoyed the Sunflower, good job.  Andthought I can't quite see that Herbie circuit working as drawn,  the bristlebot is quite responsive and agile.  Makes me want to build one for the grandkids!

      Keep BEAMing and dreaming
      Tom
    • yahmez_alpha
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013

        Thanks Tom.

        The herbie circuit is the one from the junkbots book, page 165 (Wilf's modification). There was an error in the book, but the way I have it drawn is right. I just added another led and the 5v regulator. Here is Wilf's corrected version:

        http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/2JdMUnUnRI_2k2KdrqhXotpsjzA5NxKJmenN5UkaMtgSy0NKaCNs4vJmWuIxCRipOeLM2ZmMPKWtvj5IgNshjdY_P-yvgkwr7DTnRkgPxTiGUjgEFE6JL4r7xQ/wilf_nv/circuitMousey1.gif

        Those herbies were fun to make, I did a herbie program at the local library for teens, it was a good time and everyone's herbie worked great.

        Are you building anything beamish these days?

        ---In beam@yahoogroups.com, <grayed@...> wrote:

        Your pickaxe SE looks interesting.  Enjoyed the Sunflower, good job.  Andthought I can't quite see that Herbie circuit working as drawn,  the bristlebot is quite responsive and agile.  Makes me want to build one for the grandkids!

        Keep BEAMing and dreaming
        Tom
      • David Buckley
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013

          The link gives a
          "The document you requested could not be found."

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013

            I guess you can't link to the files section anymore...

            Look in wilf's folder the file name is circuitMousey1.gif

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013

              Exactly which folder did you have in mind?

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013

                Wilf's folder...

                /wilf_nv/circuitMousey1.gif