New type 3 solar engine

  • yahmez_alpha
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2013
      I have a new design for a type 3 solar engine based on the picaxe 08m2. It monitors the voltage on a storage cap and dumps power if the voltage is not rising quick enough but only if the voltage is over a pre-set threshold. I am using it to create an enable low signal to start up a turbot circuit but you could just as easily add a transistor to drive a motor instead. I have breadboarded it and it works well. Now to freeform it. I have to squeeze it in a tiny space for my project, its a very small turbot.

      I'll post the circuit and the code too if anyone has an interest.

      -James
    • yahmez_alpha
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 28, 2013

        http://geppettosworkbench.blogspot.com/2013/09/sbse-v1-new-picaxe-08m2-based-solar.html

        Here is the information on the 08m2 SE (SBSE v1)

        Maybe someday, someone will find a use for this besides me.

        echo... echo...echo...

        as long as there is a cult following, somewhere someone is building BEAM bots, BEAM is not dead.

        ---In beam@yahoogroups.com, <curbwax@...> wrote:

        I have a new design for a type 3 solar engine based on the picaxe 08m2. It monitors the voltage on a storage cap and dumps power if the voltage is not rising quick enough but only if the voltage is over a pre-set threshold. I am using it to create an enable low signal to start up a turbot circuit but you could just as easily add a transistor to drive a motor instead. I have breadboarded it and it works well. Now to freeform it. I have to squeeze it in a tiny space for my project, its a very small turbot.

        I'll post the circuit and the code too if anyone has an interest.

        -James
      • Tom Gray
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 29, 2013
          Your pickaxe SE looks interesting.  Enjoyed the Sunflower, good job.  Andthought I can't quite see that Herbie circuit working as drawn,  the bristlebot is quite responsive and agile.  Makes me want to build one for the grandkids!

          Keep BEAMing and dreaming
          Tom
        • yahmez_alpha
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013

            Thanks Tom.

            The herbie circuit is the one from the junkbots book, page 165 (Wilf's modification). There was an error in the book, but the way I have it drawn is right. I just added another led and the 5v regulator. Here is Wilf's corrected version:

            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/2JdMUnUnRI_2k2KdrqhXotpsjzA5NxKJmenN5UkaMtgSy0NKaCNs4vJmWuIxCRipOeLM2ZmMPKWtvj5IgNshjdY_P-yvgkwr7DTnRkgPxTiGUjgEFE6JL4r7xQ/wilf_nv/circuitMousey1.gif

            Those herbies were fun to make, I did a herbie program at the local library for teens, it was a good time and everyone's herbie worked great.

            Are you building anything beamish these days?

            ---In beam@yahoogroups.com, <grayed@...> wrote:

            Your pickaxe SE looks interesting.  Enjoyed the Sunflower, good job.  Andthought I can't quite see that Herbie circuit working as drawn,  the bristlebot is quite responsive and agile.  Makes me want to build one for the grandkids!

            Keep BEAMing and dreaming
            Tom
          • David Buckley
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2013

              The link gives a
              "The document you requested could not be found."

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013

                I guess you can't link to the files section anymore...

                Look in wilf's folder the file name is circuitMousey1.gif

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2013

                  Exactly which folder did you have in mind?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 4, 2013

                    Wilf's folder...

                    /wilf_nv/circuitMousey1.gif