Re: Different values of the parts in a solar engine

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13 2:04 PM
      Hello Sebastian,

      A few years back, my son did several experiments with different capacitors and transistors. The results are listed below. I hope this helps.

      Solar Engine Dynamometer Experiments

      Another source of information is the Junkbots book, which walks you thru sizing the solar engine. Good luck, and please let us know what you learn.

      J Wolfgang Goerlich
    • connor_ramsey@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19 6:06 PM
        So what I gather from your son's results, I could make a faster photopopper by using a Miller SE with a .33F cap, since although the.33F cap has a slightly lower number of average rotations, it has a much higher motor RPM, especially when using that Maxon motor, up to 30RPM. That said, I'm going to go with that next time(unless I prefer to use a type3 SE)

        P.S. this is the first message I've sent with my phone(and in a few months).