Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
      Hi!

      nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

      Harold.

      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Richard Piotter <richfiles1@...> wrote:
      Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
      Richard

      Begin forwarded message:
      > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
      > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
      > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
      >
      > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
      >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
      >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
      >> down
      >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
      >> some problems are still ongoing.
      >
      > Hi guys.
      >
      > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
      >
      >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
      >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
      >> being
      >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
      >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
      >> servers
      >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
      >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Thanks,
      >> Chris Gilroy
      >> IT/Web Mechanic
      >> Solarbotics Ltd.
      >
      > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dave

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
          beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
        On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
        > Richard

        Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
        with him later today.
      • Harold Ilano
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
          thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
            ammm....what now? any updates for this?

            On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
            thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

            On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
            On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
            > Richard

            Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
            with him later today.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • yahmez_alpha
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
              Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
              there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

              --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

              > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
              >

              > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
              >
              > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

              > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
              > >> with him later today.

            • Harold Ilano
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                  On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                  > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                  > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                  Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                  traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.