Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Richard Piotter
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 27 8:59 PM
      Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
      Richard

      Begin forwarded message:
      > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
      > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
      > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
      >
      > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
      >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
      >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
      >> down
      >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
      >> some problems are still ongoing.
      >
      > Hi guys.
      >
      > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
      >
      >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
      >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
      >> being
      >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
      >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
      >> servers
      >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
      >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
      >>
      >> --
      >> Thanks,
      >> Chris Gilroy
      >> IT/Web Mechanic
      >> Solarbotics Ltd.
      >
      > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
      >
      > Regards,
      > Dave

    • Harold Ilano
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 27 11:15 PM
        Hi!

        nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

        Harold.

        On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Richard Piotter <richfiles1@...> wrote:
        Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
        Richard

        Begin forwarded message:
        > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
        > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
        > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
        >
        > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
        >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
        >> down
        >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
        >> some problems are still ongoing.
        >
        > Hi guys.
        >
        > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
        >
        >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
        >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
        >> being
        >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
        >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
        >> servers
        >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
        >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
        >>
        >> --
        >> Thanks,
        >> Chris Gilroy
        >> IT/Web Mechanic
        >> Solarbotics Ltd.
        >
        > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Dave

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
            beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Dave Hrynkiw
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 28 8:23 AM
          On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
          > Richard

          Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
          with him later today.
        • Harold Ilano
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 28 10:02 AM
            thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
              ammm....what now? any updates for this?

              On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
              thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

              On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
              On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
              > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
              > Richard

              Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
              with him later today.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • yahmez_alpha
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
                Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                >

                > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                >
                > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                > >> with him later today.

              • Harold Ilano
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                  thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                    On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                    > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                    > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                    Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                    traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.