Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 20, 2013
      hi Dave!

      any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

      regards,
      Harold.

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
      Hi!

      Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

      Regards,
      Harold Ilano

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
      On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
      > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
      > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
      > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
      > some problems are still ongoing.

      Hi guys.

      Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

      > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
      > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
      > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
      > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
      > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
      > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
      >
      > --
      > Thanks,
      > Chris Gilroy
      > IT/Web Mechanic
      > Solarbotics Ltd.

      In short, we're working on fixing it up!

      Regards,
      Dave

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
          beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Richard Piotter
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
        Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
        Richard

        Begin forwarded message:
        > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
        > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
        > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
        >
        > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
        >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
        >> down
        >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
        >> some problems are still ongoing.
        >
        > Hi guys.
        >
        > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
        >
        >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
        >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
        >> being
        >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
        >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
        >> servers
        >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
        >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
        >>
        >> --
        >> Thanks,
        >> Chris Gilroy
        >> IT/Web Mechanic
        >> Solarbotics Ltd.
        >
        > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
        >
        > Regards,
        > Dave

      • Harold Ilano
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
          Hi!

          nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

          Harold.

          On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Richard Piotter <richfiles1@...> wrote:
          Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
          Richard

          Begin forwarded message:
          > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
          > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
          > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
          >
          > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
          >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
          >> down
          >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
          >> some problems are still ongoing.
          >
          > Hi guys.
          >
          > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
          >
          >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
          >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
          >> being
          >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
          >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
          >> servers
          >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
          >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
          >>
          >> --
          >> Thanks,
          >> Chris Gilroy
          >> IT/Web Mechanic
          >> Solarbotics Ltd.
          >
          > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
          >
          > Regards,
          > Dave

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
              beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Dave Hrynkiw
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
            On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
            > Richard

            Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
            with him later today.
          • Harold Ilano
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
              thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 2 8:13 AM
                ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                > Richard

                Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                with him later today.

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • yahmez_alpha
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 16 8:19 PM
                  Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                  there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                  --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                  > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                  >

                  > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                  >
                  > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                  > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                  > >> with him later today.

                • Harold Ilano
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 17 2:04 AM
                    thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 17 8:38 AM
                      On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                      > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                      > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                      Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                      traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.