Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi!

      Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

      Regards,
      Harold Ilano

      On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
      On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
      > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
      > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
      > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
      > some problems are still ongoing.

      Hi guys.

      Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

      > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
      > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
      > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
      > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
      > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
      > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
      >
      > --
      > Thanks,
      > Chris Gilroy
      > IT/Web Mechanic
      > Solarbotics Ltd.

      In short, we're working on fixing it up!

      Regards,
      Dave

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
          beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Harold Ilano
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 20, 2013
        hi Dave!

        any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

        regards,
        Harold.

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
        Hi!

        Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

        Regards,
        Harold Ilano

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
        On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
        > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
        > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
        > some problems are still ongoing.

        Hi guys.

        Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

        > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
        > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
        > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
        > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
        > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
        > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
        >
        > --
        > Thanks,
        > Chris Gilroy
        > IT/Web Mechanic
        > Solarbotics Ltd.

        In short, we're working on fixing it up!

        Regards,
        Dave

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
            beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Richard Piotter
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
          Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
          Richard

          Begin forwarded message:
          > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
          > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
          > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
          >
          > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
          >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
          >> down
          >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
          >> some problems are still ongoing.
          >
          > Hi guys.
          >
          > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
          >
          >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
          >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
          >> being
          >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
          >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
          >> servers
          >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
          >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
          >>
          >> --
          >> Thanks,
          >> Chris Gilroy
          >> IT/Web Mechanic
          >> Solarbotics Ltd.
          >
          > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
          >
          > Regards,
          > Dave

        • Harold Ilano
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
            Hi!

            nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

            Harold.

            On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Richard Piotter <richfiles1@...> wrote:
            Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
            Richard

            Begin forwarded message:
            > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
            > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
            > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
            >
            > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
            >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
            >> down
            >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
            >> some problems are still ongoing.
            >
            > Hi guys.
            >
            > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
            >
            >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
            >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
            >> being
            >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
            >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
            >> servers
            >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
            >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Thanks,
            >> Chris Gilroy
            >> IT/Web Mechanic
            >> Solarbotics Ltd.
            >
            > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Dave

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Dave Hrynkiw
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
              On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
              > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
              > Richard

              Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
              with him later today.
            • Harold Ilano
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
                  ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                  On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                  thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                  On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                  On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                  > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                  > Richard

                  Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                  with him later today.

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                • yahmez_alpha
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
                    Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                    there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                    --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                    > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                    >

                    > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                    >
                    > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                    > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                    > >> with him later today.

                  • Harold Ilano
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                      thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                        On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                        > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                        > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                        Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                        traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.