Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Dave Hrynkiw
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
      On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
      > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
      > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
      > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
      > some problems are still ongoing.

      Hi guys.

      Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

      > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
      > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
      > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
      > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
      > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
      > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
      >
      > --
      > Thanks,
      > Chris Gilroy
      > IT/Web Mechanic
      > Solarbotics Ltd.

      In short, we're working on fixing it up!

      Regards,
      Dave
    • Harold Ilano
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
        Hi!

        Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

        Regards,
        Harold Ilano

        On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
        On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
        > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
        > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
        > some problems are still ongoing.

        Hi guys.

        Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

        > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
        > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
        > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
        > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
        > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
        > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
        >
        > --
        > Thanks,
        > Chris Gilroy
        > IT/Web Mechanic
        > Solarbotics Ltd.

        In short, we're working on fixing it up!

        Regards,
        Dave

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
            beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Harold Ilano
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 20, 2013
          hi Dave!

          any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

          regards,
          Harold.

          On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
          Hi!

          Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

          Regards,
          Harold Ilano

          On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
          On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
          > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
          > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
          > some problems are still ongoing.

          Hi guys.

          Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

          > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
          > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
          > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
          > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
          > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
          > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
          >
          > --
          > Thanks,
          > Chris Gilroy
          > IT/Web Mechanic
          > Solarbotics Ltd.

          In short, we're working on fixing it up!

          Regards,
          Dave

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
              beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Richard Piotter
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
            Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
            Richard

            Begin forwarded message:
            > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
            > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
            > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
            >
            > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
            >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
            >> down
            >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
            >> some problems are still ongoing.
            >
            > Hi guys.
            >
            > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
            >
            >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
            >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
            >> being
            >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
            >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
            >> servers
            >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
            >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
            >>
            >> --
            >> Thanks,
            >> Chris Gilroy
            >> IT/Web Mechanic
            >> Solarbotics Ltd.
            >
            > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
            >
            > Regards,
            > Dave

          • Harold Ilano
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
              Hi!

              nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

              Harold.

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                > Richard

                Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                with him later today.
              • Harold Ilano
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                  thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
                    ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                    On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                    thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                    On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                    On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                    > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                    > Richard

                    Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                    with him later today.

                    <*> Your email settings:
                        Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to:
                        (Yahoo! ID required)

                    <*> To change settings via email:
                        beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                        beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  • yahmez_alpha
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
                      Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                      there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                      > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                      >

                      > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                      >
                      > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                      > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                      > >> with him later today.

                    • Harold Ilano
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                        thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                          On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                          > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                          > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                          Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                          traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.