Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 13 8:27 AM
      Hi there, Dave!

      Glad to hear from you again! It's been a long time though... 'hope you're doing good and the team.

      Ok, it's noted, no worries there Dave, I understand. Thanks for the feedback. I hope everything there will be fine soon. And yes, please keep us posted once it has been fixed.

      Regards,
      Harold.

      On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:

      On 3/13/2013 4:21 AM, Harold Ilano wrote:
      hi group!

      hope all is well with you guys!

      well, just a minor problem...and hope someone could help me with it...

      does anyone knows where and how to contact Mr. Dave Hrynkiw of Solarbotics, aside from his current e-mail address (dave@...)?  because i need to login to my beam site which is haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net but unfortunately, i can't login anymore there, using any ftp client. I'm using the credentials they've provided me years ago, and now it doesn't work. I've also e-mail Dave, as well as some email addresses found in solarbotics, but no replies yet.

      Hey guys - Dave here.

      Sorry, I fwd'd your message off to our IT guy for confirmation, and haven't finished discussing it with him. I know we went through a server upgrade over the weekend, so I'm not sure what's been affected.

      Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm also fighting with a new Pick'n'place machine that I hope to use for some new BEAM circuits later this year. I have a hankering for some bicore experiments. Iddy-bitty Bicores...

      Regards,
      Dave

    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 15 11:18 AM
        On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
        > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
        > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
        > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
        > some problems are still ongoing.

        Hi guys.

        Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

        > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
        > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
        > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
        > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
        > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
        > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
        >
        > --
        > Thanks,
        > Chris Gilroy
        > IT/Web Mechanic
        > Solarbotics Ltd.

        In short, we're working on fixing it up!

        Regards,
        Dave
      • Harold Ilano
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 15 11:16 PM
          Hi!

          Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

          Regards,
          Harold Ilano

          On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
          On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
          > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
          > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
          > some problems are still ongoing.

          Hi guys.

          Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

          > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
          > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
          > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
          > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
          > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
          > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
          >
          > --
          > Thanks,
          > Chris Gilroy
          > IT/Web Mechanic
          > Solarbotics Ltd.

          In short, we're working on fixing it up!

          Regards,
          Dave

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
              beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Harold Ilano
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 20 12:59 AM
            hi Dave!

            any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

            regards,
            Harold.

            On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
            Hi!

            Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

            Regards,
            Harold Ilano

            On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
            On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
            > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
            > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
            > some problems are still ongoing.

            Hi guys.

            Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

            > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
            > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
            > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
            > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
            > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
            > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
            >
            > --
            > Thanks,
            > Chris Gilroy
            > IT/Web Mechanic
            > Solarbotics Ltd.

            In short, we're working on fixing it up!

            Regards,
            Dave

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Richard Piotter
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 27 8:59 PM
              Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
              Richard

              Begin forwarded message:
              > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
              > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
              > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
              >
              > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
              >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
              >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
              >> down
              >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
              >> some problems are still ongoing.
              >
              > Hi guys.
              >
              > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
              >
              >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
              >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
              >> being
              >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
              >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
              >> servers
              >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
              >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
              >>
              >> --
              >> Thanks,
              >> Chris Gilroy
              >> IT/Web Mechanic
              >> Solarbotics Ltd.
              >
              > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
              >
              > Regards,
              > Dave

            • Harold Ilano
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 27 11:15 PM
                Hi!

                nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

                Harold.

                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 28 8:23 AM
                  On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                  > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                  > Richard

                  Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                  with him later today.
                • Harold Ilano
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 28 10:02 AM
                    thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
                      ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                      On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                      thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                      On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                      On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                      > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                      > Richard

                      Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                      with him later today.

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • yahmez_alpha
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
                        Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                        there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                        > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                        >

                        > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                        >
                        > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                        > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                        > >> with him later today.

                      • Harold Ilano
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                          thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                            On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                            > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                            > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                            Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                            traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.