Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Dave Hrynkiw
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
      On 3/13/2013 4:21 AM, Harold Ilano wrote:
      hi group!

      hope all is well with you guys!

      well, just a minor problem...and hope someone could help me with it...

      does anyone knows where and how to contact Mr. Dave Hrynkiw of Solarbotics, aside from his current e-mail address (dave@...)?  because i need to login to my beam site which is haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net but unfortunately, i can't login anymore there, using any ftp client. I'm using the credentials they've provided me years ago, and now it doesn't work. I've also e-mail Dave, as well as some email addresses found in solarbotics, but no replies yet.

      Hey guys - Dave here.

      Sorry, I fwd'd your message off to our IT guy for confirmation, and haven't finished discussing it with him. I know we went through a server upgrade over the weekend, so I'm not sure what's been affected.

      Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm also fighting with a new Pick'n'place machine that I hope to use for some new BEAM circuits later this year. I have a hankering for some bicore experiments. Iddy-bitty Bicores...

      Regards,
      Dave

    • Harold Ilano
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
        Hi there, Dave!

        Glad to hear from you again! It's been a long time though... 'hope you're doing good and the team.

        Ok, it's noted, no worries there Dave, I understand. Thanks for the feedback. I hope everything there will be fine soon. And yes, please keep us posted once it has been fixed.

        Regards,
        Harold.

        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
          On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
          > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
          > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
          > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
          > some problems are still ongoing.

          Hi guys.

          Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

          > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
          > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
          > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
          > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
          > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
          > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
          >
          > --
          > Thanks,
          > Chris Gilroy
          > IT/Web Mechanic
          > Solarbotics Ltd.

          In short, we're working on fixing it up!

          Regards,
          Dave
        • Harold Ilano
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
            Hi!

            Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

            Regards,
            Harold Ilano

            On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
            On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
            > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
            > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
            > some problems are still ongoing.

            Hi guys.

            Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

            > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
            > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
            > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
            > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
            > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
            > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
            >
            > --
            > Thanks,
            > Chris Gilroy
            > IT/Web Mechanic
            > Solarbotics Ltd.

            In short, we're working on fixing it up!

            Regards,
            Dave

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Harold Ilano
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 20, 2013
              hi Dave!

              any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

              regards,
              Harold.

              On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
              Hi!

              Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

              Regards,
              Harold Ilano

              On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
              On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
              > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
              > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
              > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
              > some problems are still ongoing.

              Hi guys.

              Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

              > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
              > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
              > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
              > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
              > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
              > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
              >
              > --
              > Thanks,
              > Chris Gilroy
              > IT/Web Mechanic
              > Solarbotics Ltd.

              In short, we're working on fixing it up!

              Regards,
              Dave

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Richard Piotter
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
                Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                Richard

                Begin forwarded message:
                > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
                > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
                > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
                >
                > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
                >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
                >> down
                >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
                >> some problems are still ongoing.
                >
                > Hi guys.
                >
                > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
                >
                >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
                >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
                >> being
                >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
                >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
                >> servers
                >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
                >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
                >>
                >> --
                >> Thanks,
                >> Chris Gilroy
                >> IT/Web Mechanic
                >> Solarbotics Ltd.
                >
                > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
                >
                > Regards,
                > Dave

              • Harold Ilano
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Hi!

                  nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

                  Harold.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                    On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                    > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                    > Richard

                    Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                    with him later today.
                  • Harold Ilano
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                      thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 2, 2013
                        ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                        On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                        thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                        On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                        On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                        > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                        > Richard

                        Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                        with him later today.

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                            beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • yahmez_alpha
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 16, 2013
                          Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                          there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                          > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                          >

                          > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                          >
                          > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                          > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                          > >> with him later today.

                        • Harold Ilano
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                            thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 17, 2013
                              On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                              > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                              > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                              Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                              traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.