Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
      haha.... ok then, good morning there! cheers!

      Harold.

      On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM, Richard Piotter <richfiles1@...> wrote:
      It should also be noted, that:

      A: Product images are also down on the commercial site.
      and
      B: I have an itchy "Send mail" clicker finger

      I use the I just woke up excuse! LOL

      Richard Piotter
      richfiles

      Begin forwarded message:
      > From: Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>
      > Date: March 13, 2013 5:21:43 AM CDT
      > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
      >

      > hi group!
      >

      > hope all is well with you guys!
      >
      > well, just a minor problem...and hope someone could help me with it...
      >
      > does anyone knows where and how to contact Mr. Dave Hrynkiw of
      > Solarbotics, aside from his current e-mail address (dave@...
      > )?  because i need to login to my beam site which is
      > haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net but unfortunately, i can't login
      > anymore there, using any ftp client. I'm using the credentials
      > they've provided me years ago, and now it doesn't work. I've also e-
      > mail Dave, as well as some email addresses found in solarbotics, but
      > no replies yet.
      >
      > Hoping for someone's help if possible. Thanks in advance! cheers!
      >
      > best regards,
      > Harold Ilano

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
          beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Dave Hrynkiw
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
        On 3/13/2013 4:21 AM, Harold Ilano wrote:
        hi group!

        hope all is well with you guys!

        well, just a minor problem...and hope someone could help me with it...

        does anyone knows where and how to contact Mr. Dave Hrynkiw of Solarbotics, aside from his current e-mail address (dave@...)?  because i need to login to my beam site which is haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net but unfortunately, i can't login anymore there, using any ftp client. I'm using the credentials they've provided me years ago, and now it doesn't work. I've also e-mail Dave, as well as some email addresses found in solarbotics, but no replies yet.

        Hey guys - Dave here.

        Sorry, I fwd'd your message off to our IT guy for confirmation, and haven't finished discussing it with him. I know we went through a server upgrade over the weekend, so I'm not sure what's been affected.

        Apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I'm also fighting with a new Pick'n'place machine that I hope to use for some new BEAM circuits later this year. I have a hankering for some bicore experiments. Iddy-bitty Bicores...

        Regards,
        Dave

      • Harold Ilano
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 13, 2013
          Hi there, Dave!

          Glad to hear from you again! It's been a long time though... 'hope you're doing good and the team.

          Ok, it's noted, no worries there Dave, I understand. Thanks for the feedback. I hope everything there will be fine soon. And yes, please keep us posted once it has been fixed.

          Regards,
          Harold.

          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
            On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
            > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
            > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
            > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
            > some problems are still ongoing.

            Hi guys.

            Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

            > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
            > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
            > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
            > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
            > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
            > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
            >
            > --
            > Thanks,
            > Chris Gilroy
            > IT/Web Mechanic
            > Solarbotics Ltd.

            In short, we're working on fixing it up!

            Regards,
            Dave
          • Harold Ilano
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 15, 2013
              Hi!

              Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

              Regards,
              Harold Ilano

              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 20, 2013
                hi Dave!

                any update on the server (solarbotics.net)?

                regards,
                Harold.

                On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                Hi!

                Thanks, Dave and it's noted!

                Regards,
                Harold Ilano

                On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:18 AM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                > I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
                > machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server down
                > Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
                > some problems are still ongoing.

                Hi guys.

                Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:

                > We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
                > for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time being
                > to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
                > time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our servers
                > and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
                > Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
                >
                > --
                > Thanks,
                > Chris Gilroy
                > IT/Web Mechanic
                > Solarbotics Ltd.

                In short, we're working on fixing it up!

                Regards,
                Dave

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Richard Piotter
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                  Richard

                  Begin forwarded message:
                  > From: Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...>
                  > Date: March 15, 2013 1:18:26 PM CDT
                  > To: beam@yahoogroups.com
                  > Subject: Re: [beam] Account in solarbotics.net login problem...
                  >
                  > On 3/13/2013 7:48 AM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                  >> I don't recall if the solarbotics.com site is hosted on the same
                  >> machines as the .net sites, but I do see that they had the server
                  >> down
                  >> Sunday for maintenance... They had phones down on Feb 28th... Maybe
                  >> some problems are still ongoing.
                  >
                  > Hi guys.
                  >
                  > Just got a summary in from my IT guru, Gilroy:
                  >
                  >> We are currently in the middle of a server transition, and FTP logins
                  >> for the Solarbotics.net accounts have been disabled for the time
                  >> being
                  >> to ensure no content is missed or replaced by older data during this
                  >> time. As this is part of a larger IT effort to consolidate our
                  >> servers
                  >> and improve on our existing systems, an ETA as to the availability of
                  >> Solarbotics.net is not available at this time.
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> Thanks,
                  >> Chris Gilroy
                  >> IT/Web Mechanic
                  >> Solarbotics Ltd.
                  >
                  > In short, we're working on fixing it up!
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Dave

                • Harold Ilano
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Hi!

                    nothing yet, still waiting for it also.

                    Harold.

                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                      On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                      > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                      > Richard

                      Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                      with him later today.
                    • Harold Ilano
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 28, 2013
                        thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 2 8:13 AM
                          ammm....what now? any updates for this?

                          On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:
                          thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                          On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:23 PM, Dave Hrynkiw <dave@...> wrote:
                          On 3/27/2013 9:59 PM, Richard Piotter wrote:
                          > Any word on FTP access or the status of the servers?
                          > Richard

                          Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                          with him later today.

                          <*> Your email settings:
                              Individual Email | Traditional

                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                          <*> To change settings via email:
                              beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
                              beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        • yahmez_alpha
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 16 8:19 PM
                            Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                            there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                            --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...> wrote:

                            > ammm....what now? any updates for this?
                            >

                            > On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:02 AM, Harold Ilano <harold.ilano@...>wrote:
                            >
                            > > thanks for that, Dave! we'll be standing by...

                            > >> Just yesterday I made sure it was a higher priority for IT. I'll check
                            > >> with him later today.

                          • Harold Ilano
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 17 2:04 AM
                              thanks for the info, yup, i'll check on that and will fix it soon. thanks agan and have a great day guys! cheers!

                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 17 8:38 AM
                                On 4/16/2013 9:19 PM, yahmez_alpha wrote:
                                > Seems to be up and running now, but I noticed that your site is hacked/spammed Harold. See the bottom of your trooper page: http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/trooper.htm
                                > there is a bunch of 'lasik eye surgery for bot builders' stuff.

                                Heh - that's sort of amusing, and particularly creative. Not a
                                traditional html-insert type hack, as it's well worded.