RE: [beam] Urgent Help!

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012

      I used Silicone model airplane fuel line tubing for the feet on my Picaxe 08M2 servo walker and get lots of traction.

      http://webpages.charter.net/mr.olson/beam.htm

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
        Hi!

        This might be the one you're referring to:  http://vsim.freeservers.com/amiller/legs.html

        Or, you may want to search any of these:  http://beamlinks.solarbotics.net/

        Goodluck and happy BEAMing!

        Regards,
        Harold.

        On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM, beamer198612 <beamer198612@...> wrote:
        Hello All!

        Thank you so much for all the wonderful resources at this group...

        I am an engg student and have been building a beam walker for my class project...

        I have run into some trouble with the walker mainly due to the leg shape and contact points...

        Any suggestions on what I can use as a contact point for wire gauge legs? I've tried foam rubber and tape... both are slipping... would heat-shrink work?
        Also, is it a better idea to use a sturdier wire like coat hanger ones for the legs??

        Most importantly, I remember seeing here a link to a paper that someone wrote that had some great analysis of the walker circuit with in-depth study of the cpg signals... can anybody please post that link? I've tried many search terms and am not able to get to it.

        Thanks again for all your time!!  :)

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to: