Re: [beam] Re: Outer Space Robots WOOT!

  • David Buckley
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 21, 2012
      Martin
      You read my mind!
      However tonight a friend showed me his new PIC board with a tiny 6 pin smtPIC also available as an 8 pin DIP.
      It has 2 PWM, 1 A/D, software selectable clock - 31KHz - 32MHz, an 8x8 user configurable ASIC, has 25mA i/o capability and runs at 50microamps.
      At present he is writing a macro library for it. No I don't remember the type number!!!
      He showed it bidirectionaly controlling a motor (through a H bridge) and current sensing stall at each end of travel to reverse direction. With a split battery supply he could do two motors. The downside is you need a PicKit-3 to program it.
      Somewhere between it and the PIC32 it must be possible, taking inspiration from nature, to figure out connection schemes which will allow robots to do much more than stumble forwards and back, and do it in some understandable way which is expandable.
      David
      .