C. elegas

  • connor_ramsey@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2012
      Hey, I was doing research and found a place called wormatlas.org.
      Basically it's a map of every neuron in the entire nervous system of a 1mm long tube worm called C. ellegas. Hermaphroditic individuals have EXACTLY 302 neurons, no more, no less. Males have exactly 386(because they're smarter lol). There's a series of circuit diagrams and such describing just about EVERY single connection in the worm's entire body, along with the class and specific function of every particular neuron as well. Hence why I brought it up to you. ;)
    • connor_ramsey@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2012
        Oh and P.S.

        I'm glad to see all this sudden burst of activity on the list
        *mission accomplished*, even a few of our BEAM celebs have joined in.