Re: [beam] Self-flipping walker

  • Richard Piotter
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2012
      I have a design for a 4 motor walker that does this. It also self
      levels the body on sideways inclines. I had never completed it though.
      I'm about a month away from moving, and I hope that when I do move, I
      can set up to essentially have all my electronics stuff accessible.
      THe page hasn't been updated in like a decade, however it does show
      pics of how 4 motors can perform the uprighting motion.

      http://richfiles.solarbotics.net

      Hit the link at the top nav-bar for "Robots" and scroll down to MECI
      IV M.

      If you are intent at doing this in 2 motors, consider the possibility
      of a unique leg shape that forces it to upright itself if you run the
      leg motor (one or both) in one direction continuously. A tilt sensor
      could drop a resistor change into the microcore and cause an
      exceptionally long pulse to keep the motor moving one way till the
      tilt sensor rights itself.

      Richard Piotter

      Begin forwarded message: