Re: Cool blocks

  • Tom Gray
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2012
      I spent a little time on the cubelets site, and for what you pay the blocks are extremely limited.  To reverse drive direction, you need to unplug the drive cubelet, rotate it 180 degrees, and plug it back in.  So you can't even build a robot that will reverse or steer away from a wall.  I suppose that an alternative would be to add a rotating cubelet atop the drive cubelet, for an additional $25 per drive.

      The manufacturers promise blue-tooth programmable cubelets by next year.  And while that will fix some of the problems with the initial blocks, it will also add a higher level of complexity that detract from the concept.

      As I said earlier, a toy only for the rich.