Trying to prevent a record......

  • arno_brosi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2012
      And that is the one where there no messages at all in a month.So,I'm wondering what everybody is up to.I hope it is being busy building BEAM projects.Let's hear from you,people!

      regards,Arno
    • jabmechtech
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 26, 2012
        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "arno_brosi" <arnobrosi@...> wrote:

        > And that is the one where there no messages at all in a month.So,I'm wondering what everybody is up to.I hope it is being busy building BEAM projects.Let's hear from you,people!
        >
        > regards,Arno

        I am in school full time and working on my electronics technician and Biomedical certification. I have only built two robots in the past year.
        "build your dreams."
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
          Hello Arno,

          Last weekend, my daughter and I hacked a CD-ROM into a coin toss game. This past weekend, she built the Solarbotics BeetleBot kit.

          And you? What is new your way?

          Wolfgang

          On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM, arno_brosi <arnobrosi@...> wrote:

          And that is the one where there no messages at all in a month.So,I'm wondering what everybody is up to.I hope it is being busy building BEAM projects.Let's hear from you,people!

          regards,Arno

        • Frankendaddy
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
            I joined a musical ensemble and have been using all my robot time to learn songs. :(
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
              Hi Frankendaddy,

              A musical ensemble? Sounds fun. Have you seen this guy's work?

              He used retro computer gear and robotics to form his own band.

              Wolfgang

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
                Hello Wolfgang,
                thanks for the reply,and Frankendaddy and Jab too,I've built a few Magbot pendulums,Pummers and am determined to finally build a working headbot.
                In the non BEAM department I made some lamps,an incense burner and took apart 22 tape recorders and a few other devices......components heaven.

                regards,Arno

                --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, J Wolfgang Goerlich <jwgoerlich@...> wrote:

                > Hello Arno,
                >
                > Last weekend, my daughter and I hacked a CD-ROM into a coin toss game. This
                > past weekend, she built the Solarbotics BeetleBot kit.
                >
                > And you? What is new your way?
                >
                > Wolfgang
                >
                > On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 2:48 PM, arno_brosi <arnobrosi@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > And that is the one where there no messages at all in a month.So,I'm
                > > wondering what everybody is up to.I hope it is being busy building BEAM
                > > projects.Let's hear from you,people!
                > >
                > > regards,Arno

              • yahmez_alpha
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 27, 2012
                  --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "arno_brosi" <arnobrosi@...> wrote:

                  > And that is the one where there no messages at all in a month.So,I'm wondering what everybody is up to.I hope it is being busy building BEAM projects.Let's hear from you,people!
                  >
                  > regards,Arno

                  Well... since you asked,

                  I built these two guys last year:

                  My first robot, a Bristlebot / photopopper:
                  http://letsmakerobots.com/node/24447

                  My second, a SPSH v5:
                  http://letsmakerobots.com/node/31326

                  I also built various pummers, one uses a chip & solar cell from a garden light. It turns on the bicore pummer at dark. (3.5V from a single AA battery and this 4 legged, transistor looking chip)

                  I built a Herbie modeled after Math Vos' 'Quickly' and he turned out great.

                  And lastly I built a few of Jerome Demers Beetlebots. I am going to be teaching a workshop at the local library this summer for the beetlebot.

                  Right now I am working on two projects, a Photo-BiCore controlled MicroCore /two motor walker (wilf's circuit) and also a hexapod using a Hex Schmidt (74HC14) and a dual 1 of 4 decoder (74AC139) Similar to the BAHX.

                  Although I haven't posted much here, I can't overstate how much the conversations on here from the past 12 years have helped me understand things better and learn from others. Yes I'm one of those people that actually uses the 'seacrh' much more than the 'post' button. ;)

                  Thanks to everyone... really, thank you!

                  -James White
                  (Yahmez)