Tube uCore

  • Frankendaddy
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2011
      Well met, BEAMers!

      I'm joining up with a local Steampunk group and would like to know if anyone has had any experience designing circuits with tubes instead of transistors. My goal is to build a cumbersome and ornate microcore-controlled robot.
    • wrigter
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2011
        Can be done with vacuum tubes but would be cumbersome and
        potentially lethal. I have build various neon bulb
        relaxation oscillators running of 90V but even more
        primitive is the purely electromechanical "relay core"
        circuit I designed and posted many years ago which can
        directly drive 1 amp motors and makes a nice clickadyclick
        sound while running.

        enjoy

        From: Frankendaddy <frankendaddy@...>
        To: beam@yahoogroups.com