Open 7400 logic competition

  • WestfW
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2011
      Have y'all seen this contest? It's a sort of "back to our roots; lets see what you can do with basic logic chips" sort of contest, leveraging on the success of the recent 555 timer contest.

      Lots of sponsors, lots of prizes. Most of the entries I've seen so far are pretty lame compared to the things I've seen BEAMers do with logic chips...

      http://dangerousprototypes.com/open-7400-logic-competition/

      Some of the motor driver circuits could pretty much be entries as-is (especially stepper motor circuits), and I'd love to see some similar design expanded to be able to drive the three-phase motors found at the core of most CD and hard drives.