quick question

  • jabmechtech
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
      HI,
      I am finishing up a photovore that runs off of 2, 3 Vdc rechargeable button cell.Lithium Batteries. I want to place a 9v solar cell on top to charge the battery when the switch is in the off position. The robot is built except for the solar cell on top at this point.
      I know I need to place a Diode on the + line from the battery to the solar cell. My question is.
      Which way does it go? what gets the negative end battery or solar cell?
      Thanks.
      Jabmechtech
      Build your dreams.
    • arno_brosi
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
        Hi Jab,I believe the negative end is closest to the battery(you want to prevent the charge going back to the solar cell)

        best wishes,Arno