Re: [beam] Re: BEAM Pummer Issues

  • Harold Ilano
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 30, 2011
      Hi there!

      If you could take a clear close-up picture of your breadboard with the circuit in it, that would be great. So we could easily analyze the problem that you have with it. Thanks!

      Harold.

      P.S.  I'm thinking of your breadboard, is it still ok? a new one? Try to check the breadboard itself and maybe remove everything on it and try to put those parts again in a different set of holes on your breadboard. Have you tried that one?

      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 8:14 AM, UltrastarWannabe <cmoon_1998@...> wrote:
      Hey,

      no, my board runs across the way regular ones do
      so, no that is not the problem
      I have a feeling the issue comes from the bicore chip..
      so, if anyone could help me figure out how to test it I would highly
      highly appreciate it

      Thanks!!

      Chung

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, chuck britton <cvbritton@...> wrote:

      > Some breadboards have bus strips that only run HALF way across the board.
      > These need four short jumpers in order to behave the way you expect them to.
      >

      > At 3:30 AM +0000 6/30/11, UltrastarWannabe wrote:
      > >Hi guys,
      > >
      > >William, yes I did make sure about the whole connections and the
      > >whole wiggling, etc
      > >
      > >Wilf,
      > >How do I do this whole probing thing?
      > >as in, I have no idea what you meant by output pins,
      > >(I do know how to read the chip: top left is 1 and top right is 20)
      > >and when I do this, what am I looking for?
      > >
      > >Thanks!!!
      > >
      > >Chung
      > >
      > >--- In beam@yahoogroups.com, wrigter <wrigter@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >>  because the high value resistance in the bicore oscillator,
      > >>  the circuit is sensitive to leakage currents. Make sure the
      > >>  bottom of the protoboard is insulated. Use a LED and a 1K
      > >>  series resistor as a test probe to see if the bicore output
      > >>  pins are oscillating.
      > >>
      > >>  wilf

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
         beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • arno_brosi
      Message 38 of 38 , Jul 4, 2011
        Well,the good news is that your pummer is basically working so that means that your soldering is good.
        What I don't understand is what you mean by saying "when I pull the batteries out"(the batteries need to stay connected).
        It seems that the problem lays with the battery/solarcell connection(bad solarcell?)So I guess you have to focus on that...