looking for articles or papers or books about BEAM!

  • ehsanhs83
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2011
      Hi Everyone,
      I have a project course for ending my bachelor.I am looking for an article or a paper or a book that describe and explain history of BEAM and which type of BEAM Robots exist and how they work and everything which help me to complete my project.I am a persian and I am writing my project in persian language and I think this project can introduce Beam Robots to persian students and learn about BEAM robots.I don't have much time to prepare my project then please help me by sending any articles or papers or books links.

      Thank you
    • Droidmakr
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2011
        At the moment, there is no single place to find the information you are seeking. There are however a couple of places that you should be able to gleen some, though probably not all, of what you are looking for. Check out...

        - The BEAM Reference Library: http://www.solarbotics.net/library.html
        - The "Columns/Articles" page at Solarbotics.net: http://www.solarbotics.net/read.html
        - The BEAM Wiki: http://www.beam-wiki.org/

        A problem with searching these is that Yahoo stopped storing attachments several years ago, so schematics will not be viewable in the list postings. However, much of the material posted to this and the alt-beam list has been archived with the attachments. Links to these archive can be found in the links folder. Look in the sub folder labeled: "BEAM Groups Archives"

        Unfortunately, these archives do not contain older postings, and they do not have a search option. But the "BEAM Group Archive" and the "alt-beam message archive" allow you to "Jump directly to message no." It takes a bit of effort, but by searching the original list, the using the archives, it is possible to reunite many of the older discussions with the original attachments. I have done this on several occasions.

        To BEAMers everywhere...

        This situation represents an excellent example of just what David and I were discussing. There really needs to be an centralized location for researching as much BEAM related information as can be gathered and organized in it. It needs to be easy to search and use.

        That is, I believe, what Marcus had in mind when he first set up the BEAM Wiki. So please, anyone who has the time to dedicate to the effort, please help make the BEAM Wiki this much needed resource.

        Thanks