Re: [beam] Re: Maxibug v3 input needed

  • wrigter
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 22, 2010
      You had me wondering Jack.

      The positive feedback cap value together with the 1M
      resistor should be tuned to the time constant of
      acceleration (determined by robot mass and motor speed) so
      that it results in a little wiggle as it moves in straight
      line. If the cap is too big, the wiggle will be too big or
      the bot may even twirl. With no feedback cap and no resistor
      there is probably high frequency switching back and forth
      of the motor drive signals which could be wasteful of
      energy. With no feedback cap (and stray capacitance alone),
      the resistor will help lower the frequency of the switching
      but may not be optimum for efficiency. Experiment for best
      results.

      Wilf