what is in a Tivo I can use in beam bots?

  • ecraib
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2010
      Hello,
      I am a newbie stockpiling everything I can get my hands on to get oddball parts. I just snagged a Tivo at the transfer station trade shack and was wondering what is in it I might not recognize as useful. I figure the IR bits and pieces are nice and there is a hard drive in there.
      I was just worried I might trash something cool while poking around!

      I also found a bunch of kid toys with interactive button stuff. Amazing what kids have! (sez the lady whose hi-tech toy when little was a set of blocks :-)
      Thanks for any advice on this or anything else,
      Emma
    • Chris McGuire
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 19, 2010
        in my experience, stockpiling salvage works backwards.. you start a project, then you remember that you have this and that already, or could adapt something for it, and there you go, down to organizing the capacitors and reworking some parts that are harder to get, just to get some practice at SMD and stuffs. Just build a wall of boxes! You're remember where nothing is at and dig around and come up with other cool ideas for things!

        cmcgiblet

        --

        I can very well do without God both in my life and in my painting, but I cannot, suffering as I am, do without something which is greater than I am, the power to create.  - Vincent Van Gogh