making a copy of NITO 1.0

  • kiyo_143
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2010
      i am currently making a copy of MWT's NITO 1.0 and i dont know any info ,schematics and pictures about it, where can i find one? post a link.
    • Zozzles T. Freep
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2010
        The "robot" was totally hypothetical: a conglomeration of hextiles,
        none of which are identified, no connections between them defined,
        nothing. It merely looked like vague representation of a humanoid
        robot.

        Personally, I think it is useless, but there are no doubt others who disagree.

        ----------
        zozzles@...
        "Your Friendly Hogfather"
        "The BEAM Heretic"
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
          Hello,

          "i am currently making a copy of MWT's NITO 1.0 and i dont know any info, schematics and pictures about it, where can i find one?"

          As Zoz said, Nito was entirely a hypothetical design.

          You could build a robot that is something like Tilden what had in mind for Nito. I suggest you start with a classic Robosapien. Replace the walking controller with a Bicore circuit. Replace the head with a 3-dof Bicore Beam head. Replace the arms with Bicore manipulators (like gPim). The result will be consistent with Mark Tilden's 1990s prototypes.

          I did quite a bit of research on Nito a while back. Let me see if I can find my notes and get them online for you.

          Regards,

          J Wolfgang Goerlich
        • kiyo_143
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2010
            thank you,i will look forward on what you will post NITO for me,sorry for my english.

            -keith