Re: VBug 1.1 (Spyder) Schematic

  • Amit
    Message 1 of 52 , Apr 4, 2010
      Hey all,

      Just an update.

      I've finished designing the leg controller for Spyder replica.
      It uses a total of 8 Nv neuron and, 4 bicores.
      A chain of 2 controls the motion in one direction of a single motor. The output form the last neuron in the chain connects to the bias resistor of one of the Nvs in the bicore. TO gether, this output and the pwm output of the bicore go to the motor driver.
      This is repeated for each of the required motions. Also, the inputs of each chain are connected together. So one signal is sent through each, in a branching manner. To set the phase relationships between the motors, ie, when one motor turns on and the other off, the T of the first Nv in the chain is adjusted, by changing the resistor to suit.

      Amit.

      I'll upload a file of the schematic for one leg.
    • Droidmakr
      Message 52 of 52 , Jan 27, 2011
        For those interested in this subject, I have added a folder to the file section labeled:

        In it I have place 3 related PDFs including:

        1) US Patent #05124918

        2) HETEROGENEOUS NEURAL NETWORKS FOR ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR IN DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS

        3) The Dynamics of Brain-Body┬ľEnvironment Systems

        I hope you find them useful