Re: [beam] Periplaneta Neural Network

  • CrunderThunch
    Message 1 of 52 , Mar 1, 2010
      > The big thing is getting more details on the network. The article I
      > learned about it in is old. Possibly early to mid 90s. Maybe a
      > Discover or Scientific American. It's my understanding that it was a
      > computer simulation. I'd love to try to bring it into the physical
      > world.

      Interesting. googling the phrase

      periplaneta neural network "scientific american"

      yields hits with the citation

      Pearson, K. (1976). The control of walking. Scientific American 235:72-86.

      HTH/HAND

      ct
    • Droidmakr
      Message 52 of 52 , Jan 27, 2011
        For those interested in this subject, I have added a folder to the file section labeled:

        In it I have place 3 related PDFs including:

        1) US Patent #05124918

        2) HETEROGENEOUS NEURAL NETWORKS FOR ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR IN DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS

        3) The Dynamics of Brain-Body–Environment Systems

        I hope you find them useful