Re: VBug 1.1 (Spyder) Schematic

  • Amit
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 27, 2010
      Kyle,

      I believe that the component undeer the blue tantalum cap is a diode. I also think that together, they are used as a PNC. And perhaps that chip is the main quadcore, it does have 14 pins.

      In the other VBUG animals, particularly in Walkman the RST circuitry(which is a pnc), what tilden called a "reticular cortex" is located in the same place (sort of).

      If it is indeed a PNC, then the tantalum cap is a "105" and the diode is just a 1n4148 or some other small signal diode. That would mean that the end diode and cap are in parallel, and that one end of that parallel joint actually is connected to pin 11 of the chip, which would be an inverter input.

      I dunno, just throwing it out there. Does anyone know if SPyder carried a PNC, or did Tilden have to wait for the net to stabilise?

      Amit

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Amit" <amitjones101@...> wrote:

      > Kyle,
      >
      > The top most capacitor is a NEC 5V DC 0.042F cap. I always assumed that green wire thing was some sort of handle, it appears to be placed right on top of to 2pin male headers.
      >
      > That unknown brass cyclinder in blue shrink wrap, is attached to a thick wire that is soldered to SPyder's undercarriage.
      > It might be some sort of locking mechanism, to keep the pcb down. It is attached to a small brass tube via a solder bead , and the tube sleeved over the thick wire which goes to the under carriage. I can't see any solder on that end, so maybe it rotates?
      >
      > Amit
    • Droidmakr
      Message 52 of 52 , Jan 27, 2011
        For those interested in this subject, I have added a folder to the file section labeled:

        In it I have place 3 related PDFs including:

        1) US Patent #05124918

        2) HETEROGENEOUS NEURAL NETWORKS FOR ADAPTIVE BEHAVIOR IN DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENTS

        3) The Dynamics of Brain-Body–Environment Systems

        I hope you find them useful