Pummer Question

  • tbg_sionnach
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2010
      I have a bunch of westinghouse solar garden stakes with glass solar panels.
      The included circuit board is fairly simple but has one piece under black epoxy that I can't identify.

      In any case I would like to use these lights to make pummers for the yard.

      One thing to note - they only use 1! AA cell.

      I am not sure how the solar light is doing able to get away with this and would like to include using a single cell in this design as well.

      Anyone have an idea for the simple Pummer circuit that would light up using only a single AA NiCad cell?

      Thanks
      Todd
    • Arno
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2010
        Hello,
        I think they use some kind of joule thief circuit to get away with only
        1.2 V(but I might be wrong).But I'm not sure how to incorporate this
        into the Pummer circuit......

        good luck,Arno