Re: from Beambots to little battlebots?

  • jonjb2a
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
      -I have a failed Sumobot equipped with parts salvaged from Dollar Store spray fans (fill the reservoir with water, use the pushbutton to squirt and the fan throws the water). I've also put a couple of my symets together and watched them duke it out like battlebots. Also have a couple of headbots in plastic bowls (Thanks to "Healthy Choice," "Stouffers", "Weight Watchers" and other producers of microwaveable dinners) who seem to be at odds with each other. Yes, looks like we have some possibilities here.
    • jonjb2a
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
        Something as simple as a bristlebot (toothbrush head, pager motor and button battery, with short black and red leads, of course) can be a battlebot in its own right. Put two or three or an entire army of them in a shoe box and watch 'em fight it out!
      • Luca Crisi
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010
          Arno ha scritto:
          I like that idea,maybe a solaroller with add ons.....A good next project.

          jonjb2a wrote:

          I know Sumobots can be used in competitions but has anyone ever built
          a battle bot using BEAM technology (or, simply, a BEAM battlebot)? I
          think some of the larger Battlebots are radio controlled and gas
          and/or electric powered. The kind of robots i have in mind would
          battery and/or solar powered. Probably saves worry about gas fires or
          explosions. And radio control would be an option but not a necessity.

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              beam-digest@yahoogroups.com
              beam-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          I'd never build something with love, money and time effort,
          just to see it destroyed next day... nor any aother day!

          (my 2 cent thought)

          --
          codice fico

           Luca Crisi  MCP NET  VB / WinForms 2.0

        • jonjb2a
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010
            I just built a virtual version of Robert the robot (vintage 50s toy) in Second Life. Actually my version of the toy with a few details i overlooked (memory being what it is, can be kinda distorted). No way am I going to turn this latest creation into a battlebot and have it destroyed any day.