Greetings!

  • jax225
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hello all. I'm new here, just wanted to say hi and give thanks for this group being around. Something in my mind triggered the memory of the Omni magazine's photovore recently and google led me to the BEAMers and all the things that have evolved since I read that article (back in 1989???). I'm scheming up a bot based on several other preexisting circuits to bring my old photovore dream to fruition. On that note, more thanks to Wilf, Solarbotics, Maxim, and allaboutcircuits.com.

      My electronics knowledge is limited; I had a 100-in-1 Radio Shack kit when I was a tyke and I've done some basic things on the electrical systems of my various disasters I call cars. You can be sure I'll be posting my creation for all to critique and laugh at :) Be gentle.

      Happy to be here! Now, back to reading through almost 60k worth of old posts...
    • Arno
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2009
        Welcome to the group!Don't be ashamed to post your creation(s).I'm
        always interested to see what others are up to.
        You'll find many people here willing to help you when you're having
        problems.
        The most important thing is to have fun building the thing.

        regards,Arno

        jax225 wrote:

        > Hello all. I'm new here, just wanted to say hi and give thanks for
        > this group being around. Something in my mind triggered the memory of
        > the Omni magazine's photovore recently and google led me to the
        > BEAMers and all the things that have evolved since I read that article
        > (back in 1989???). I'm scheming up a bot based on several other
        > preexisting circuits to bring my old photovore dream to fruition. On
        > that note, more thanks to Wilf, Solarbotics, Maxim, and
        > allaboutcircuits.com.
        >
        > My electronics knowledge is limited; I had a 100-in-1 Radio Shack kit
        > when I was a tyke and I've done some basic things on the electrical
        > systems of my various disasters I call cars. You can be sure I'll be
        > posting my creation for all to critique and laugh at :) Be gentle.
        >
        > Happy to be here! Now, back to reading through almost 60k worth of old
        > posts...

      • wrigter
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2009
          Welcome to the group jax.

          It's pretty safe to post your creations. You'll give and get
          plenty of encouragement and constructive comments here. Look
          forward to sharing your ideas.

          From: "jax225" <grsshpr875@...>
          To: beam@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [beam] Greetings!