Re: My first working photovore...BETA

  • steve.deforest
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
      props on your 'bot man. everyone needs a goofy critter like that running around :D
      -Steve
    • jabmechtech
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "m3lt79" <amcnulty79@...> wrote:

        > I just added 4 photos of the little fella. His body is a snus can, eyes are scavenged from a furby, 555cn timer, switch for power, 9volt battery, 2x LDS, motors and wheels.
        >
        > I didn't have an altoids can but would work just as well. His "tail" is used to keep from dragging him down, which is also joke on his...wire nuts.
        >
        > I like the gear motors much better because of speed and "All terrain" issues. He travels fine on tile and carpet.
        >
        > But this is a beta. I am going to attempt adding bump sensors and possibly a runaway circuit. Though I am short on room in the case, I may be able to buff out his chest a little more.
        >

        > I know it is nothing exciting, in fact it is very basic...but he has some serious swagger!

        HAHAHA, COOL!. he has alot of caricter..
      • wrightjmf24
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 13, 2009
          Nice work! That's really cool, and I like the Furby eyes.

          Jeremy

        • yanom@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2009
            A furby... i saw this thing on hacking the furby microproccessor. the guy ended up completely replacing the furby's proccessor in order to make it... swear

            --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "m3lt79" <amcnulty79@...> wrote:

            > I just added 4 photos of the little fella. His body is a snus can, eyes are scavenged from a furby, 555cn timer, switch for power, 9volt battery, 2x LDS, motors and wheels.
            >
            > I didn't have an altoids can but would work just as well. His "tail" is used to keep from dragging him down, which is also joke on his...wire nuts.
            >
            > I like the gear motors much better because of speed and "All terrain" issues. He travels fine on tile and carpet.
            >
            > But this is a beta. I am going to attempt adding bump sensors and possibly a runaway circuit. Though I am short on room in the case, I may be able to buff out his chest a little more.
            >

            > I know it is nothing exciting, in fact it is very basic...but he has some serious swagger!

          • Scott Lindroth
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2009
              You may like this:

              http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~kelly/Furby/install_doc/the_pool.htm. Play the soundfiles as well as the video.