My first working photovore...BETA

  • m3lt79
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009

      I just added 4 photos of the little fella. His body is a snus can, eyes are scavenged from a furby, 555cn timer, switch for power, 9volt battery, 2x LDS, motors and wheels.

      I didn't have an altoids can but would work just as well. His "tail" is used to keep from dragging him down, which is also joke on his...wire nuts.

      I like the gear motors much better because of speed and "All terrain" issues. He travels fine on tile and carpet.

      But this is a beta. I am going to attempt adding bump sensors and possibly a runaway circuit. Though I am short on room in the case, I may be able to buff out his chest a little more.

      I know it is nothing exciting, in fact it is very basic...but he has some serious swagger!
    • steve.deforest
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
        props on your 'bot man. everyone needs a goofy critter like that running around :D
        -Steve
      • jabmechtech
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2009
          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "m3lt79" <amcnulty79@...> wrote:

          > I just added 4 photos of the little fella. His body is a snus can, eyes are scavenged from a furby, 555cn timer, switch for power, 9volt battery, 2x LDS, motors and wheels.
          >
          > I didn't have an altoids can but would work just as well. His "tail" is used to keep from dragging him down, which is also joke on his...wire nuts.
          >
          > I like the gear motors much better because of speed and "All terrain" issues. He travels fine on tile and carpet.
          >
          > But this is a beta. I am going to attempt adding bump sensors and possibly a runaway circuit. Though I am short on room in the case, I may be able to buff out his chest a little more.
          >

          > I know it is nothing exciting, in fact it is very basic...but he has some serious swagger!

          HAHAHA, COOL!. he has alot of caricter..
        • wrightjmf24
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2009
            Nice work! That's really cool, and I like the Furby eyes.

            Jeremy

          • yanom@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2009
              A furby... i saw this thing on hacking the furby microproccessor. the guy ended up completely replacing the furby's proccessor in order to make it... swear

              --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "m3lt79" <amcnulty79@...> wrote:

              > I just added 4 photos of the little fella. His body is a snus can, eyes are scavenged from a furby, 555cn timer, switch for power, 9volt battery, 2x LDS, motors and wheels.
              >
              > I didn't have an altoids can but would work just as well. His "tail" is used to keep from dragging him down, which is also joke on his...wire nuts.
              >
              > I like the gear motors much better because of speed and "All terrain" issues. He travels fine on tile and carpet.
              >
              > But this is a beta. I am going to attempt adding bump sensors and possibly a runaway circuit. Though I am short on room in the case, I may be able to buff out his chest a little more.
              >

              > I know it is nothing exciting, in fact it is very basic...but he has some serious swagger!

            • Scott Lindroth
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2009
                You may like this:

                http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~kelly/Furby/install_doc/the_pool.htm. Play the soundfiles as well as the video.