Random thinking...

  • m3lt79
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
      2 ideas I have had for awhile but never acted upon.

      A robot that actually feeds has been a constant in my mind since

      1. A true feeding mousebot:
      (Has this been done?) Could a herbie/mousebot circuit be used with a
      solar cell...stick with me here...and the using a 1381 to trigger a
      latching photo-phobic behaviour and a lesser valued 1381 to resume
      photovoltaic behaviour?

      So the mousebot would feed on the brightest light until a
      predetermined voltage is obtained (It's full) then run under the couch
      until he is hungry. Would need to use lesser geared motors to allow
      for carpet and a less spastic movement. A self feeding fairly
      autonomous bot that needs no attention from its creator...

      2. An LED muncher with digestion: This is a stretch...
      (several circuits would be needed but each in itself would be fairly
      simple)
      This would be very inefficient but entertaining and unless using IR
      this would probably only work in the dark. A small light seeker that
      hones in on bits of light (leds in small clear round container) touch
      sensor to turn on a conveyor belt(?tounge?) to pull them into a hold
      chamber(stomach). Stomach to be lined with as many solar panels as
      possible(digestion part 1) voltage triggers could be used for a sit
      and wait until charged. As the stomach becomes full the lower leds
      would be pushed out the back (digestion complete) I imagine a crabtrap
      style door where there is a cone shaped exit that could expand as the
      pressure from incoming food pushes down from the tongue.
    • krumpeb
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
        This will answer #1
        http://haroldsbeambugs.solarbotics.net/rovore.htm
        his site has a bunch of good info and bots.

        krumpe

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2009
          Now that is sweet...Thanks for the link. A little more complex than I
          had imagined but I can see why he added all the circuits. Very nice!