Re: Intergroup meeting tonight on Second Life

  • wilf_nv
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
      Darn! too busy and too late.

      Can anyone give us an update, what has been organized and if regular
      SL meetings are scheduled?

      For those who haven't visited SL yet, the first time I beamed up,
      SLAIT MA turned out to be an open space on the edge of water and
      adjacent to some buildings. Five or six avatars were standing around
      near the center of this "square", some talked (bring your own
      microphone) or texted about SL stuff, robot ideas or demonstrated
      virtual robots. Even that short first visit, clearly showed the
      tremendous potential of SL.

      Any other visitors to help describe to first timers what to expect?

      As a way to integrate the familiar with the new, is it possible to
      mirror the Yahoo group messages within SL to view on a virtual
      message board at SLAIT MA? That way beamers or rather their avatars,
      can view or post the latest BEAM messages anytime at SLAIT MA and
      chat with others who happen to be there.

      wilf

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craig@...> wrote:

      > Friendly Greetings!
      >

      > We've secured an area on our campus island for members of our
      respective
      > societies to build, chat, hob-knob, and discuss all things
      robotic! Its
      > also a great way to showcase our event challenges and
      competitions! I
      > really enjoyed meeting so many of you a couple weeks ago in Second
      Life that
      > I'm sending an invitation out for another get together tonight!
      I'll show
      > you around our new island and we'd be happy to help you learn to
      build and
      > navigate this virtual world.
      >

      > We'll also be watching event video's there, if you like
      >

      > If you haven't already, you'll need to create a free avatar (
      > www.secondlife.com <http://www.secondlife.com/> ) and go to SLAIT
      MA , OR
      > IM my avatar ( Klaatu Maynard ) and I'll teleport you to our site.
      > Alternately, click the link below the picture and your secondlife
      browser
      > should open and whisk you away to us. The main grid is only open
      to 18 and
      > older, so my apologies to the younger set.
      >

      > So, heres the details.
      >

      > Where: SLAIT MA (154.115.25 )
      >
      > When: Saturday, 7:00pm Mountain Standard Time ( your time may
      vary! )

      > Why: To set up our inter-society group
      >
      > How: visit secondlife.com to learn how to create an avatar and
      load your
      > secondlife viewer
      >
      > Who: Anyone over 18
      >

      > See you there!
      >

      > Craig Maynard
      >
      > Western Canadian Robot Games
      >

      > _____
      >

      > <http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLAIT%20MA/154/115/25>
      >
      > meeting
      >
      > meeting
      >
      > Visit <http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLAIT%20MA/154/115/25> SLAIT MA
      (154,
      > 115, 25)
      >
      > <http://secondlife.com/ss/?u=ef0a047d312540d8a7bd311af965ea1a>

    • jonjb2a
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
        -Just joined Second Life myself. Checked out Slait MA once I got used to moving around as
        an Avatar. Name is Jethro Baudin. Maybe next time I drop by, I"ll be able to get to networking.
      • jabmechtech
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jonjb2a" <jonjb2a@...> wrote:

          > -Just joined Second Life myself. Checked out Slait MA once I got used to moving around as
          > an Avatar. Name is Jethro Baudin. Maybe next time I drop by, I"ll be able to get to networking.

          Hi.
          when will there be another intergroup meeting?
          I had to make a new avitar. (stay away from 'Help people island' I set it as home and it was taken off line because of some problems so I lost my first avitar)
          new name; Tinman Gearhead.
          thanks. jab