Intergroup meeting tonight on Second Life

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2009

      Friendly Greetings!

      We’ve secured an area on our campus island for members of our respective societies to build, chat, hob-knob, and discuss all things robotic!  Its also a great way to showcase our event challenges and competitions!   I really enjoyed meeting so many of you a couple weeks ago in Second Life that I’m sending an invitation out for another get together tonight!  I’ll show you around our new island and we’d be happy to help you learn to build and navigate this virtual world.

      We’ll also be watching event video’s there, if you like

      If you haven’t already, you’ll need to create a free avatar ( www.secondlife.com ) and go to SLAIT MA , OR IM my avatar ( Klaatu Maynard ) and I’ll teleport you to our site.  Alternately, click the link below the picture and your secondlife browser should open and whisk you away to us.   The main grid is only open to 18 and older, so my apologies to the younger set.

      So, heres the details…

      Where:  SLAIT MA (154.115.25 )

      When:   Saturday, 7:00pm Mountain Standard Time ( your time may vary! )

      Why:  To set up our inter-society group

      How:   visit secondlife.com to learn how to create an avatar and load your secondlife viewer

      Who:   Anyone over 18

      See you there!

      Craig Maynard

      Western Canadian Robot Games

    • wilf_nv
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
        Darn! too busy and too late.

        Can anyone give us an update, what has been organized and if regular
        SL meetings are scheduled?

        For those who haven't visited SL yet, the first time I beamed up,
        SLAIT MA turned out to be an open space on the edge of water and
        adjacent to some buildings. Five or six avatars were standing around
        near the center of this "square", some talked (bring your own
        microphone) or texted about SL stuff, robot ideas or demonstrated
        virtual robots. Even that short first visit, clearly showed the
        tremendous potential of SL.

        Any other visitors to help describe to first timers what to expect?

        As a way to integrate the familiar with the new, is it possible to
        mirror the Yahoo group messages within SL to view on a virtual
        message board at SLAIT MA? That way beamers or rather their avatars,
        can view or post the latest BEAM messages anytime at SLAIT MA and
        chat with others who happen to be there.

        wilf

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <craig@...> wrote:

        > Friendly Greetings!
        >

        > We've secured an area on our campus island for members of our
        respective
        > societies to build, chat, hob-knob, and discuss all things
        robotic! Its
        > also a great way to showcase our event challenges and
        competitions! I
        > really enjoyed meeting so many of you a couple weeks ago in Second
        Life that
        > I'm sending an invitation out for another get together tonight!
        I'll show
        > you around our new island and we'd be happy to help you learn to
        build and
        > navigate this virtual world.
        >

        > We'll also be watching event video's there, if you like
        >

        > If you haven't already, you'll need to create a free avatar (
        > www.secondlife.com <http://www.secondlife.com/> ) and go to SLAIT
        MA , OR
        > IM my avatar ( Klaatu Maynard ) and I'll teleport you to our site.
        > Alternately, click the link below the picture and your secondlife
        browser
        > should open and whisk you away to us. The main grid is only open
        to 18 and
        > older, so my apologies to the younger set.
        >

        > So, heres the details.
        >

        > Where: SLAIT MA (154.115.25 )
        >
        > When: Saturday, 7:00pm Mountain Standard Time ( your time may
        vary! )

        > Why: To set up our inter-society group
        >
        > How: visit secondlife.com to learn how to create an avatar and
        load your
        > secondlife viewer
        >
        > Who: Anyone over 18
        >

        > See you there!
        >

        > Craig Maynard
        >
        > Western Canadian Robot Games
        >

        > _____
        >

        > <http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLAIT%20MA/154/115/25>
        >
        > meeting
        >
        > meeting
        >
        > Visit <http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLAIT%20MA/154/115/25> SLAIT MA
        (154,
        > 115, 25)
        >
        > <http://secondlife.com/ss/?u=ef0a047d312540d8a7bd311af965ea1a>

      • jonjb2a
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2009
          -Just joined Second Life myself. Checked out Slait MA once I got used to moving around as
          an Avatar. Name is Jethro Baudin. Maybe next time I drop by, I"ll be able to get to networking.
        • jabmechtech
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
            --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jonjb2a" <jonjb2a@...> wrote:

            > -Just joined Second Life myself. Checked out Slait MA once I got used to moving around as
            > an Avatar. Name is Jethro Baudin. Maybe next time I drop by, I"ll be able to get to networking.

            Hi.
            when will there be another intergroup meeting?
            I had to make a new avitar. (stay away from 'Help people island' I set it as home and it was taken off line because of some problems so I lost my first avitar)
            new name; Tinman Gearhead.
            thanks. jab