Re: Memory and Learning

  • jediapprentice94
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2008
      Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have discovered
      are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
      situation though. Thanks in advance!
    • jediapprentice94
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 12, 2008
        Any Ideas?
        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jediapprentice94" <jediapprentice94@...>
        wrote:

        > Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have
        discovered
        > are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
        > situation though. Thanks in advance!

      • caleb pearson
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 14, 2008
          I know a voltage follower is simply a opamp with its output connected to the negative input. Then I beleive you get the voltage on the positive input sent to the output but just with more current behind it... I donno, I think thats how they work.

          To: beam@yahoogroups.com
          From: jediapprentice94@...
          Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:56:58 +0000
          Subject: [beam] Re: Memory and Learning

          wrote:

          > Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have
          discovered
          > are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
          > situation though. Thanks in advance!

          Get your information fix on your phone. With MSN Mobile you get regular news, sports and  finance updates. Try it today!
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 15, 2008
            >I am curious if someone could point me to an article, post, or
            > something on BEAM 'learning'. What I would like to be able to
            > have is a robot that adapts to situations based on what is
            > happening.

            The RAM idea should work. Another option is to redo Terry Newton's work
            using the Picaxe (aka SmartBeam) chip. A hybrid approach would be very
            interesting.

            Solarbotics: SMARTBEAM! Ok, it's really microcontrollers...
            http://www.solarbotics.com/news/2008/10/smartbeam-ok-its-really-
            microprocessors/

            Terry Newton, PIC-Bot II
            http://tnewton.solarbotics.net/robot5.html