Re: Memory and Learning

  • jediapprentice94
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10 5:58 PM
      I think I may just use that stuff. I do not have any 74xx4066's. The
      article mentioned op amps instead, which I just picked up. I have four
      741 op amps. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could use these in
      place of the 74HC4066's?
      Thanks!
    • jediapprentice94
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10 6:01 PM
        Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have discovered
        are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
        situation though. Thanks in advance!
      • jediapprentice94
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 12 10:56 AM
          Any Ideas?
          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jediapprentice94" <jediapprentice94@...>
          wrote:

          > Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have
          discovered
          > are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
          > situation though. Thanks in advance!

        • caleb pearson
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14 3:25 PM
            I know a voltage follower is simply a opamp with its output connected to the negative input. Then I beleive you get the voltage on the positive input sent to the output but just with more current behind it... I donno, I think thats how they work.

            To: beam@yahoogroups.com
            From: jediapprentice94@...
            Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:56:58 +0000
            Subject: [beam] Re: Memory and Learning

            wrote:

            > Sorry, the article mentions voltage followers, which I have
            discovered
            > are basically op-amps. I'm not sure how I would use a 741 in this
            > situation though. Thanks in advance!

            Get your information fix on your phone. With MSN Mobile you get regular news, sports and  finance updates. Try it today!
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 15 5:27 AM
              >I am curious if someone could point me to an article, post, or
              > something on BEAM 'learning'. What I would like to be able to
              > have is a robot that adapts to situations based on what is
              > happening.

              The RAM idea should work. Another option is to redo Terry Newton's work
              using the Picaxe (aka SmartBeam) chip. A hybrid approach would be very
              interesting.

              Solarbotics: SMARTBEAM! Ok, it's really microcontrollers...
              http://www.solarbotics.com/news/2008/10/smartbeam-ok-its-really-
              microprocessors/

              Terry Newton, PIC-Bot II
              http://tnewton.solarbotics.net/robot5.html