Re: Monitoring microcore for saturation & adaptive gait

  • praetorious
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello,

      I will try hard to, i don't have a camera so i will have to borrow one
      from a friend. I don't think i will be finishing it any time soon
      since i have my last year of school and all filled with exams and
      such. Right now i only have enough servos for one leg, so i am just
      playing around with controlling it, and scrawling donw ideas for the
      different CPGs. So far i am working out the sequence for the legs.
      Each leg has three joints (three DOF): the thoraco-coxal (TC-) joint
      enables forward (+) and backward (-) movements, the coxa-trochanteral
      (CTr-) joint enables elevation (+) and depression (-) of the leg, and
      the femur-tibia (FTi-) joint enables extension (+) and flexion (-) of
      the tibia...

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, caleb pearson <boo_ya_samuri_dude@...> wrote:

      > make sure to show us pictures and videos of this bot when your done!
      >
      > To: beam@...: amitjones101@...: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 22:03:48
      +0000Subject: [beam] Re: Monitoring microcore for saturation &
      adaptive gait

      > Thank you all so very much for the help!I have just tried all of the
      methods for monitoring the uCore and theyhave all worked splendidly,
      using droidmakr's work i was able to makethe gates with Nv's instead
      of using plain old inverters.Thanks also for the mibicore circuits,
      it's been a great help seeingwhat has already been done!Thank you all
      and Best Regards,Amit

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 1, 2008
        Hello Jo,

        I'm glad you called in, and I hear you completely. I have not built
        any robots this year. It used to be a father-son activity at my
        house. Yet my son now spends his time on the guitar. And I've been
        working on an open-source software project. I suppose you can say we
        are taking the year off.

        And hope does spring eternal. I still have a box full of parts, a
        notebook full of ideas, and a head full of dreams.

        Best to you,

        J Wolfgang Goerlich

        Jo Charles wrote:
        > Thanks Wolf, it was very nice (not to mention educational!)
        > to read those articles again.
        >
        > Not much time for robots at the moment, (read 'practically
        > zero'), but I call in when I can. (And hope springs eternal...
        > etc, etc.)
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > Jo :)
      • bugminer
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 1, 2008
          Um, just a suggestion but you could make the robots yourself! fair
          enough it isn't the same but it can't be that bad. Or maybe you could
          share some of your ideas and people here can make them!

          bugminer

          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 4, 2008
            > Um, just a suggestion but you could make the robots yourself!

            Too true! Honestly, though, I am thoroughly enjoying working on this
            software project at the moment.

            > Or maybe you could share some of your ideas and people here can
            > make them!

            I never thought of that. I am more of a build before sharing person. If
            there is interest, I will write up and post some of the ideas in my
            notebook. In the meantime you can check out this link on ideas that
            people can make:

            The YFH Challenge (was YFH on: Tilden And Bot's)

            Regards,