Re: Finished my Solar Roller!

  • bugminer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
      Cool! pitty you can't get it to work repeatedly on it's own though, I
      hope you find a way to fix that problem.

      I notice the cap your using, I have them but can't get them to work
      any of my motors. I use the twin diode version of the zener SE. I even
      tried charging the cap direct from the solar cell and out of any
      circuit and then manually connecting the cap to the motor. Maybe there
      is some trick to using these caps or maybe they just aren't "powerful"
      (so to speak) enough for motors.

      I look forward to your next project.

      bugminer

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Applegarth" <keith.applegarth@...>
      wrote:

      > I finally got it finished and have posted the writeup and pictures on
      > my website: http://akapplegarth.us/index.php?page=solar-roller
      >
      > Let me know what you think.
      >
      > Keith

    • Arno
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
        That looks really good,you can't go wrong with Lego.Hopefully you get
        your circuit working.I had never much luck with those supercaps.Have you
        considered using the Miller SE,it is less complicated(I think)than your
        current one?

        Arno

        Keith Applegarth wrote:

        > I finally got it finished and have posted the writeup and pictures on
        > my website: http://akapplegarth.us/index.php?page=solar-roller
        > <http://akapplegarth.us/index.php?page=solar-roller>
        >
        > Let me know what you think.
        >
        > Keith

      • Keith Applegarth
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
          I actually did try a Miller SE, but with that super cap, it performed even worse-though the motor would repeated cycle without my help. It may be the cap. I did have a 1F Aerogel, but it took way too long to charge. I may have to take another look at it before I start my next one....K

          Keith Applegarth wrote:

          > I finally got it finished and have posted the writeup and pictures on
          > my website: http://akapplegarth.us/index.php?page=solar-roller
          > <http://akapplegarth.us/index.php?page=solar-roller>
          >
          > Let me know what you think.
          >
          > Keith

        • Tom Gray
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2008
            Keith
            Classy chassis!
            Tom

            Hi, Frankendaddy, Wilf, et al.  I'm still lurking around....