Herbie questions

  • bmxbeamer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      Maybe my questions may sound noobish, but...

      1. There seem to be many variations of the common Herbie circuit
      around the Internet. Of course Randy's original version:
      http://downloads.solarbotics.net/misc/herbie.txt then there's the
      Solarbotics' version:
      http://downloads.solarbotics.net/misc/herbie1.gif and some other
      variations. Usually there are slight differences in the arrangement of
      the photodetectors. So, my question is, which one of the many Herbie
      schematics do you prefer? Or, which one have you built, how does it
      work, etc.

      2. Can LDRs used instead of photodiodes without any modifications?

      3. Which voltages have you driven it at? I've got some nice small 3.6V
      rechargeables and I would like to use them. Perhaps two in series?

      Thanks for your patience!