Re: [beam] Utility meter gearboxes

  • Richard Piotter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2000
      Hey guys! I got a whole load of those meter gearboxes of various styles!
      Some from steam meters, some from water meters, even some usage deal on
      an industrial water softener (the salt tank is as tall as I am)!

      I'll be examining them to determine if these, as well as the previous
      electrical utility meter gearboxes, can be used or modified into a
      gearbox suitable for a walking robot!

      Considering there are so many similar gears, I may attempt making my
      gearboxes of PCB material or sheet metal so I can custom make them as I wish.

      Stay tuned!