RE: [beam] Walkman Page up

  • Jerome Demers
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2008

      WOW !

      After more then 8 years, here are details pictures of one of the coolest robot I have been waiting for! :P

      What type of lighting do you use for the pictures? I have use the CFL lamp, “cool white” and change the setting to fluorescent light on my camera, it makes a real difference! Daylight is way better but is harder to find in CFL. Even is Sylvania writes “Daylight extra” on there packaging it does not mean it is a daylight! It is writing really small: trademark. So the name Daylight extra is the trademark and the lamp is a cool white.

      Depending on the program you use on the computer, some program can auto adjust the pictures for you, like Photoshop.

      I guest all of these robots still work except some small exception. Will you upload them on Youtube to save some bandwidth plus gain some visitors?

      Thanks a lot Grant! I really appreciate the time you take to show us Mark Tilden robots.

      Can’t wait to see the rest!

      Say hi to Mark! :D

      Ps- one idea that was tickling in my head is: you should take real high resolution pictures and make a book! Like “Robo Sapiens” by Peter Menzel and Faith D’Aluisio. It is a hard cover book with only pictures. I would totally see the same but with BEAM robots!

      Jerome

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
        Really nice close-ups of the underside, Grant. They really
        show the build quality of the robot.

        Thanks.

        Jo