Biped

  • caleb pearson
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 24, 2008
      I finished up the biped and it did not work.
      Something went wrong with the bicores because the slave bicores would not function.
      I have given up trying to make it work with bicores and i am going to try it with a quadcore. If that doesnt work i will try it with a microcore. I'll upload pics soon.

      Caleb

      Hunt for a chance to win a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder! Click here to enter
    • GrantM.
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 25, 2008
        Hi All,

        The Walkman page is up, check it out at:
        http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm

        Was thinking of doing the BeamAnt next.

        For some reason " marks show up as blocks, have to work on that.

        TTFN,

        GrantM.
      • Phil McCary
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 25, 2008

          GrantM:

          I enjoyed the history and Bio of Walkman 1.5. The Walkman 1.5 is a fundamental component of Robotics.

          I am positive that I will find the BeamAnt’s history equally enjoyable. Please do your magic.

          Thank you,

          PhilM

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 25, 2008
            GrantM. wrote:
            > Hi All,
            >
            > The Walkman page is up, check it out at:
            > http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm
            >
            > Was thinking of doing the BeamAnt next.
            >
            > For some reason " marks show up as blocks, have to work on that.
            >
            > TTFN,
            >
            > GrantM.
            Grant,

            The html was produced by MS Frontpage and is being served by Apache.
            Frontpage, or perhaps another MS product, has encoded the left and right
            double quotes for the Windows code-page1252 character set. The Apache
            headers say the page is encoded in UTF-8. This can be fixed by telling
            Apache to serve the page as CP1252 or by changing the problem characters
            back to plain ASCII (symmetrical) double quotes and making Word and
            Frontpage leave them that way. There are other and long term better
            ways, but anything involves arcane technical issues at the interface
            between MS and Apache.

            Good luck,
            Bill
          • GrantM.
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 25, 2008
              Ah that explains it. Tilden wrote the description with Word on his mac,
              when it copied over it must have kept the same formatting.

              I just directly edited the HTML code to fix this issue.

              TTFN,

              GrantM.

              William Rutiser wrote:

              > GrantM. wrote:
              > > Hi All,
              > >
              > > The Walkman page is up, check it out at:
              > > http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm
              > <http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm>
              > >
              > > Was thinking of doing the BeamAnt next.
              > >
              > > For some reason " marks show up as blocks, have to work on that.
              > >
              > > TTFN,
              > >
              > > GrantM.
              > Grant,
              >
              > The html was produced by MS Frontpage and is being served by Apache.
              > Frontpage, or perhaps another MS product, has encoded the left and right
              > double quotes for the Windows code-page1252 character set. The Apache
              > headers say the page is encoded in UTF-8. This can be fixed by telling
              > Apache to serve the page as CP1252 or by changing the problem characters
              > back to plain ASCII (symmetrical) double quotes and making Word and
              > Frontpage leave them that way. There are other and long term better
              > ways, but anything involves arcane technical issues at the interface
              > between MS and Apache.
              >
              > Good luck,
              > Bill

            • dj mac
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 26, 2008
                That page is totally awesome! If at all possable could you work on documentation of the spyder in the future??? I have yet to build a walker but I am obsessed with the spider based robots.

              • grogyan@woosh.co.nz
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 26, 2008
                  As am I.
                  The next bot is an omni directional quadraped, and I plan on doing some tests, with walkman as the first, then a Spyder clone.
                  Already have motors for both projects, i've not got to a BOM for the big bot, I might save that for when I go and study Mechatronics

                  Gary T

                  "GrantM." <listgrant@...> wrote:

                  Hi All,

                  The Walkman page is up, check it out at:
                  http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm

                  Was thinking of doing the BeamAnt next.

                  For some reason " marks show up as blocks, have to work on that.

                  TTFN,

                  GrantM.

                  <<Attachment.html>>
                • GrantM.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 26, 2008
                    Alright I will see about Spyder, it is here in HK. I saw it walk ages
                    ago, but I think two of the OTU's are broken now.

                    GrantM.

                    dj mac wrote:

                    > That page is totally awesome! If at all possable could you work on
                    > documentation of the spyder in the future??? I have yet to build a
                    > walker but I am obsessed with the spider based robots.
                    >
                    > */"GrantM." <listgrant@...>/* wrote:
                    >
                    > Hi All,
                    >
                    > The Walkman page is up, check it out at:
                    > http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm
                    > <http://grant.solarbotics.net/walkman.htm>
                    >
                    > Was thinking of doing the BeamAnt next.
                    >
                    > For some reason " marks show up as blocks, have to work on that.
                    >
                    > TTFN,
                    >
                    > GrantM.

                    > it now.
                    > <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ%20>

                  • Jerome Demers
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 31, 2008

                      WOW !

                      After more then 8 years, here are details pictures of one of the coolest robot I have been waiting for! :P

                      What type of lighting do you use for the pictures? I have use the CFL lamp, “cool white” and change the setting to fluorescent light on my camera, it makes a real difference! Daylight is way better but is harder to find in CFL. Even is Sylvania writes “Daylight extra” on there packaging it does not mean it is a daylight! It is writing really small: trademark. So the name Daylight extra is the trademark and the lamp is a cool white.

                      Depending on the program you use on the computer, some program can auto adjust the pictures for you, like Photoshop.

                      I guest all of these robots still work except some small exception. Will you upload them on Youtube to save some bandwidth plus gain some visitors?

                      Thanks a lot Grant! I really appreciate the time you take to show us Mark Tilden robots.

                      Can’t wait to see the rest!

                      Say hi to Mark! :D

                      Ps- one idea that was tickling in my head is: you should take real high resolution pictures and make a book! Like “Robo Sapiens” by Peter Menzel and Faith D’Aluisio. It is a hard cover book with only pictures. I would totally see the same but with BEAM robots!

                      Jerome

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 1, 2008
                        Really nice close-ups of the underside, Grant. They really
                        show the build quality of the robot.

                        Thanks.

                        Jo