Re: Maxim motor driver chip

  • wilf_nv
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
      Note the 100-150mA loaded motor current limitation and the
      significant forward voltage drop for these chips.

      wilf

      --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Randy M. Dumse" <rmd@...> wrote:

      > jing.alcantara asked: Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:29 AM
      > > Can anyone tell me if there is a MAXIM chip that
      > > could be used as a motor driver(like a L293D) and can
      > > power a standard dc motor?
      >
      > Might want to see the Robot Room description of using a Maxim
      > 4427A or 4424 MOSFET Drivers for H-bridges. Don't' forget the
      > external diodes, because the chips weren't made for direct
      > driving an inductive load.
      >
      > http://www.robotroom.com/HBridge.html
      >
      > Randy
      > www.newmicros.com

    • wilf_nv
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
        Possibly the best little motor driver for beam applications is

        http://www.tranzistoare.ro/datasheets2/27/274789_1.pdf

        Check out the rest of the Fairchild FAN series.

        --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "jing.alcantara" <jing.alcantara@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello Groups,
        >
        > Can anyone tell me if there is a MAXIM chip that could be used
        as
        > a motor driver(like a L293D) and can power a standard dc motor?
        Thanks
        > in advance.
        >
        > Jing

      • jing.alcantara
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
          Thanks for the info Randy and Wilf. The reason that i have
          specified MAXIM chips is that a friend of a friend works for a
          company that uses MAXIM chips and i thought that i could buy from
          them direct. Thanks again.

          jing

          --- In beam@yahoogroups.com, "Randy M. Dumse" <rmd@...> wrote:

          > jing.alcantara asked: Sunday, January 06, 2008 7:29 AM
          > > Can anyone tell me if there is a MAXIM chip that
          > > could be used as a motor driver(like a L293D) and can
          > > power a standard dc motor?
          >
          > Might want to see the Robot Room description of using a Maxim
          > 4427A or 4424 MOSFET Drivers for H-bridges. Don't' forget the
          > external diodes, because the chips weren't made for direct
          > driving an inductive load.
          >
          > http://www.robotroom.com/HBridge.html
          >
          > Randy
          > www.newmicros.com

        • Randy M. Dumse
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
            jing.alcantara said: Monday, January 07, 2008 6:24 AM
            > Thanks for the info Randy and Wilf. The reason that i have
            > specified MAXIM chips is that a friend of a friend works for
            > a company that uses MAXIM chips and i thought that i could
            > buy from them direct. Thanks again.

            Sorry it seems my message got sent twice. Only meant once. Wilf
            is right, these chips were meant for another purpose, and I am
            concerned by their drivers output resistance...iirc 9 ohms. It
            would have to be a pretty little motor, or a pretty high voltage
            driving it.

            Randy
            www.newmicros.com